Thursday, October 29, 2009

Adding to the Christmas list....

I've seen these books suggested in my homeschooling Bible before but always used something else or what I had on hand, but finally checked out Janice VanCleve's Astronomy for Every Kid when I couldn't come up with good science experiment ideas on my own. WOW. Fabulous book. The variety of experiments means they work for all three kids, and the concepts they cover are simply explained (my weakness is over-explaining and going too far into other topics). We are having the best time trying these out for ourselves. I'll be adding the Earth Science, Chemistry and Physics books to our Christmas list.

I'm also adding Learning Through History magazine to my wish list. We subscribed to LTH a few years ago and I was amazed at how much information and fun they were able to pack into a single issue, but the expense was a bit much at the time, so I didn't renew. The majority of the articles were a bit old for Timo at the time, too, but I knew I could hold on to them and they'd be appropriate again. We have just hit Medieval Japan again, and voila! Perfect for Timo with neat things thrown in for Meg and Lillie as well. I just wish I could get all the back issues as well!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

so.... when are you going to start sharing some inspiration again?