Monday, August 25, 2008

Write it myself

Rather than wasting so much time running down the rabbit hole of reading other people's blogs and wishing I had their perfect lives, I'm going to document my own totally less than perfect life and brush up on my writing skills at the same time. Plus it will make me download my pictures from the camera more often, help me keep track of things to scrapbook, and hopefully be fun. I shall see.

Chris gave me a beautiful pen from Hodgepodge for my birthday (or Mother's Day - I can't remember which, since they're so close together!), but it had an italic nib. Well, I can't stand to write fat, so I finally got around to getting a new nib for it last week, and it came in today's mail. LOVE this pen now. Beautiful. And it has written reliably all day long, which is a good sign. Yaay! Thank you Tato.

Also working on planning for the St. George Island trip next month. I still want to find a way to bring bikes down there, but rental for the 5 of us for the week would be $200. We gave away our old bike rack (stupid) and a new one would carry at most 3 bikes, leaving us to rent only two (cheaper), but the new rack would cost about $100 (not cheaper). ARGH! Still trying to figure this one out without spending an arm and a leg. On a good note, however, Chris' sister and brother in law have offered to keep the dog at their new house while we go on vacation (an excellent way to say thank you for us helping them move this weekend). That saves a cool $180 bucks - yaay! Oooh, must remember to call the vet's office and cancel our reservation for the beast.

We are taking off work from homeschooling this week. I was feeling so burned out last week only to discover on Thursday that - duh - it was because we had been going for 7 weeks straight. So we are having fun this week, no formal classes required. So far today the kids have cut up cardboard boxes to play with, read some books and made a fort upstairs. They have also asked me about a thousand times, "What are we doing today?" Whatever you want, baby; whatever you want.

I slept weird on my neck and have an awful kink in it. I'll put poor Chris to work rubbing it out when he gets home, but in the meantime, I wish I could find my heating pad. :(

1 comment:

Christina said...

I am so glad you started a blog!