Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kate vanquishes the computer demons!

I have no clear idea how I did it, but when I found that file on the computer last night - the one that had all the numbers and letters strung together and included files in Arabic and THAI - and deleted it, I managed to fix the *#&$^% computer!!!!! Yaaay me! So THERE, tech services folks! Yeah, like I need you! Bah! (Just a hint: AdAware and SpyBot are MUSTS on your computer. And Firefox is a good thing too.)

So instead of blogging the past few nights, I've been reading! Karen passed along "Remembering Blue" by Connie May Fowler. I read Fowler's "Before Women Had Wings" back when we lived in Tallahassee. I don't remember tons about it - main character has an obscure bird's name, abuse, solace found in crazy old black lady who protects her - but had a positive memory about the book. I'll probably say the same of "Remembering Blue" in a few years. The main character isn't quite believeable and the language is slightly too literary and stilted, but since it is set in my absolute favorite place on the face of this earth - Franklin County, Florida, home to Apalachicola, Carabelle and my beloved St. George Island - and Fowler has pegged the area EXACTLY, I am enjoying it, if for nothing more than stirring my anticipation of our beach trip coming up next week. Ahh, I can smell the beach breeze already.

A quick note on my newest fountain pen: LOVE it. Writes reliably, the ink cartridges are surprisingly long lasting, and it has a lovely fine nib. Thank you Tato and Paige!

I have started one scrapbook page this week of Timo skateboarding. I hope I finish before we go to St. George, but doubt I'll find the time between laundry, packing and planning. Which I really ought to be doing NOW. Ah well.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I am so glad you got the computer up and running smoothly, I can completely emphasize as we had many, many months of computer yuckiness.

I hope you have a wonderful trip to the coast.