Monday, September 29, 2008

GO. GET. THIS. BOOK.

Now. I'm serious - right now. I turned it in to the library this morning, so it's probably still there, just waiting for the next person to check it out and enchant them as it has me.

The Tenth Gift by Jane Johnson is going on my Top 10 Fun Reads list (which is different from the favorite books of all time; a good read and a favorite read are not necessarily the same thing. Discuss!). A woman receives a handbook on embroidery stitches as a gift, only to discover within the handbook the story of Cat, a young woman in Cornwall in 1625 who years to see more of the world than her uncle's home and a marriage to her cousin. I don't want to spoil anything else for you, because finding out Cat's story alongside the story of Julia, the woman the book has come to, makes this a double "can't put it down" read. Warning: teensy bit of cheesiness in the final chapter, but not enough to ruin the rest of the story/stories! I want to pick this one up again right now and re-read it already. BUT - instead, I've returned it to CMCPL so you can get it next. GO! The library opens at 9 am. Be there.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Crap, I read this after I got home! Oh well - I did pick up a guide on how to deal with your willful child in 4 to 6 weeks - guaranteed!