Friday, October 3, 2008

No! You did not! Get out of here!

I did! I scrapbooked! Who would have thought? But I did, yes ma'am, three pages in one sitting.

Now, I'm not saying they are good pages, but I did them, and that's the important point. I sit at this desk, surrounded by all the goodies I've bought over the years, with tons of old pictures in boxes waiting to be preserved, and empty albums to boot, but there is always something else to do. A book to read. A New York Times to finish. A load of laundry to be washed. A friend to talk to. All of which are good, valuable, necessary and wholesome things. But scrapbooking is my art medium (stop laughing at me!) and I have been DRY. Dry as Clarksville in September. I've taken pictures, I've read blogs, I've thumbed through old albums - nothing is inspiring me. I can admire what other people have been doing, but me: Bleh. Nada. And it's sooo frustrating, so I haven't even tried.

But I did the other night. And finished three pages. And that has to count for something. Right?

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Yes, it does count for many things. I think the cooler weather, shorter days and routine of the fall are starting to get the creative juices in all of us flowing. I'm greatly inspired by Gardennymph's Week in a Life. For me it is creating in the kitchen this week - mound of tomatoes.....

Jenn F said...

Everyone needs to take a step back every once in a while. Don't be so hard on yourself. Even Ali said she had been feeling uninspired until she did the Week in a Life project. Hang in there, you'll get the fever again. :~)