Monday, November 17, 2008

Squeak squeak

If you know me, you know I like to talk. A lot. And it SUCKS having this cold because I can't talk for long without it either hurting or losing my voice. So I'm trying to be more particular about what I'm saying, especially to the kids. Yelling just isn't working or even possible, so I have to THINK about what I say before I say it. Which is what I ought to do a lot more of anyway. My dad's mantra when I was growing up was "Think before you speak." I hate it when I realize my dad was always right.

The lovely Karen made the best Indian dinner for us all last night and now all I can think about is Saturday night at Tandoor with Charly and eating more jasmine rice and naan and prawn pasanda and a mango lassi. Drool drool drool. My girlfriends are all excellent cooks, which makes me very happy to think about our future commune and all the good eating I'm going to do when we all move there!

One last thing: Why don't children understand when you say "NO roughhousing" that yanking on each other and pulling arms and sitting on each other IS roughhousing? Someone always gets hurt. (I seem to remember my mom saying that all the time too............)

No comments: