Friday, November 21, 2008

Teach me something!

I have two pieces of lovely pink patterned fabric that Karen gave me to make into a skirt last year - remember that skirt project we were going to make that I got everyone all excited about and then I didn't get to do it? Yeah, that one - and I'm itching to make something for myself out of them. Each piece is about a yard, so I can do something but not clothes. So, crafty friends, what should I do? It needs to be easy 'cause I'm dumb at sewing. I would love a personal tutorial. We do NOT have to do it this weekend. :)

So give me your ideas. The winner gets to claim "I taught Kate how to sew."

5 comments:

Christina said...

Pillows are always easy. Or, you can make your girls those pillowcase style dresses with it. Those are not terribly complicated if you have good directions. You could always make a few bags, too.

Kate G. Smith said...

You know I'm a sucker for a cute purse, Christina. Want to come over one afternoon during Christmas break and teach me?

Jenn F said...

Here are some great projects that I have bookmarked. You might find something you like. I don't know how to sew, otherwise I'd be happy to teach you. I am learning myself. I just know how to piece patchwork for a quilt, but I've never made a bag. I will be learning ass I go this holiday season!

Reversable Rick Rack napkin

Margaret Sling Bag

and this one has nothing to do with fabric, but I thought of it as soon as I saw it.
Recycled envelope pocket books

I really hope my html works....keeping my fingers crossed!

Jenn F said...

Holy crap! Learning ass???? Oh my, I need to go to bed.

Christina said...

The sling bag that Jennifer posted looks so cool! Let's all 3 of us get together and make those. Email me! I need to know where that fabric store Charly was talking about is.